São Roque Museum is just 100 metres from 9 Hotel Mercy
It is one of the first Museums of Sacred Art created in Portugal. It opened to the public on 11 January 1905, known then as the Museum of the Treasure of the Chapel of Saint John the Baptist and featuring a large collection of Italian Art, which was why it was created. Since its inauguration, the site of the former Congregation of the Society of Jesus in Lisbon, adjacent to the Church of São Roque, was bequeathed to the Holy House of Mercy in 1768 after the Jesuits were expelled.
Largo Trindade Coelho 1200-470 Lisboa. Tel. +351 213 235 444